Saturday, February 14, 2009

I won something!

I was SO excited to get up this morning and see I had a message on etsy from one of the organizers of a contest I entered. The contest was put together by Etsy's CYA/SAFE team and two winners were to receive baskets full of the most amazing goodies from their members.

The question you had to answer to enter was: What does Valentines Day mean to you? There was 1 winner for the funniest, and 1 for the sweetest. Now - I'm all for romance but I saw that many were going for the 'sweetest' post so I tried my shot at 'funniest'. Here was my response:

Valentines day for me means:
- Letting my girlfriend force me into watching period pieces
- Letting my gf gossip about her friends and tell me every little detail of her day and for once, actually pay attention :)
- Buying my gf chocolate, even though she's always on a 'diet' and doesn't want me to, yet it's gone the next day!
- Getting in trouble for picking the 'wrong colored roses'
- Buying the 'naughtiest' card from the store even though I know she'll get mad at me because it's not 'sweet'...but I like to do it just to irritate her a bit :)
Yep, that about sums up every Valentines Day for me!

I guess it was pretty good because my lovely gf is going to be SUPER surprised when she receives the basket from them! I cannot thank them enough for this and you all should check out their blog and see for yourself how talented their members are and how beautiful their products are!

http://cyateam.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. You did good! All in all, I would call it a success :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Welcome to the land of blogs! I just became your first follower. Cool shop! I hope the blog helps you out!

    www.zingotots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I feel so special already having two comments and a follower lol. Thanks for showing me some love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win!! I posted about you on the CYA blog with a couple of links to here and your shop. Good luck with everything. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased you won one of our baskets!! And I'm pleased to have found you and gf's shop; I'm always looking for new and different in my soapy world! Awesome work!

    (and no, I'm not one of the featured people in the basket, but I am so proud of my teammates work!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Klamath - I still cannot say how much you guys rock for doing this! We're planning (well, she's planning!) on using most of it herself, but we're also sending some to both of our mothers and hanging on to maybe a piece or two to give as gifts so we can help spread the good word about everyones amazing products!

    I hope it gets here sooooooon - If I have to hear about it anymore from her I'm going to kill myself lol.

    ReplyDelete