I was SO excited to get up this morning and see I had a message on etsy from one of the organizers of a contest I entered. The contest was put together by Etsy's CYA/SAFE team and two winners were to receive baskets full of the most amazing goodies from their members.
The question you had to answer to enter was: What does Valentines Day mean to you? There was 1 winner for the funniest, and 1 for the sweetest. Now - I'm all for romance but I saw that many were going for the 'sweetest' post so I tried my shot at 'funniest'. Here was my response:
Valentines day for me means:
- Letting my girlfriend force me into watching period pieces
- Letting my gf gossip about her friends and tell me every little detail of her day and for once, actually pay attention :)
- Buying my gf chocolate, even though she's always on a 'diet' and doesn't want me to, yet it's gone the next day!
- Getting in trouble for picking the 'wrong colored roses'
- Buying the 'naughtiest' card from the store even though I know she'll get mad at me because it's not 'sweet'...but I like to do it just to irritate her a bit :)
Yep, that about sums up every Valentines Day for me!
I guess it was pretty good because my lovely gf is going to be SUPER surprised when she receives the basket from them! I cannot thank them enough for this and you all should check out their blog and see for yourself how talented their members are and how beautiful their products are!